Alcon Acrysof Foldable Lens
The only effective treatment for cataracts is surgery. While the word surgery can frighten some people, modern medical technology allows your cataract to be treated safely with a microsurgical technique that takes less than 20 minutes to perform. Each year, about 2,000,000 people have their cataracts removed and an artificial lens put in its place.
Once the cataract is removed, a permanent, artificial lens, called an intraocular lens or IOL is implanted. There are two types of IOLs available; non-foldable and foldable. Non-foldable IOLs are made of a hard plastic material. Alcon Acrysof is a foldable lens made of a soft acrylic material. A dedicated research and development team took 10 years to develop, test and bring this product to market.
Why we use Alcon Acrysof Foldable Lenses:
- Since 1995, over 3.5 million AcrySof lenses have been implanted worldwide.
- AcrySof was developed to work with a small inicision, promoting faster healing.
- AcrySof offers clear post surgical vision.
- Due to the propriety properties of the lens, it does not irritate surrounding tissues.
- The lens material is strong but also flexible making it easy to fold and implant.
- 99.6% of patients experience best-case vision of 20/40 or better one year after their surgery.
- 98.8% of patients experience best-case vision of 20/40 or better three years after their surgery.