More than 50,000 patients have given up the hassle of traditional contact lenses for the convenience of the Visian ICL, the first lens of its kind to receive FDA approval.
The Visian ICL is an implantable collamer lens that's surgically inserted in front of the natural lens of the eye. The procedure takes about 15 minutes. The invisible lens requires no maintenance. It's often an option for those who aren't good candidates for -- or aren't interested in - LASIK.
About the Visian ICL procedure:
A week or so before your lens is inserted, your doctor will make a small opening with a laser to allow fluid to pass between the lens and the front chamber of the eye.
The actual Visian ICL procedure takes approximately 15 minutes and is performed on an outpatient basis. It's similar to cataract surgery, except your eye's natural lens will not be removed. Normally, very little discomfort is associated with this procedure. Eye drops will be used to numb your eyes and you may receive a mild sedative. Eye drops or oral medication may be prescribed after your procedure.
Why we offer our patients the Visian ICL:
- Quality of vision - The Visian ICL offers sharp, clear vision with excellent contrast. The lens is made of Collamer, an unique material that transmits light and reduces reflections that can interfere with vision.
- Safety - This unique lens is inserted through a micro incision. The procedure takes approximately 15 minutes and is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Removable - The Visian ICL doesn't change the structure of the eye or the cornea. Although it's designed to be permanent, it can be removed with a simple surgical procedure.
- Invisible and undetectable - You won't be able to see the Visian ICL in your eye, and neither will anybody else. Exceptional quality of vision will be the only reminder that you have a Visian ICL.
- Excellent for a wide range of vision correction needs - Anyone seeking clear vision may be a candidate for the Visian ICL, including patients with thin corneas or extreme vision correction needs. The Visian ICL does not cause or contribute to dry eyes.
Memorial Eye will be glad to answer any questions you have about the Visian ICL. Or to find out more for yourself, just go to http://www.visianinfo.com/.
2 Locations to Serve You:
Harrisburg Location: 4100 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 657-2020 | (800) 382-2020 | Fax: (717) 657-2071
Click Here to E-mail Us
West Shore Location: 4407 Carlisle Pike • Camp Hill, PA 17011
Phone: (717) 975-2015 | Fax: (717) 657-2071